Join Our Staff
Join Everyone Outside as a staff mentor!
Everyone Outside is always looking for staff mentors to co-lead our outside children's programs in Middletown, Middlefield and Portland. Our programs are intended to help children connect with the natural world through play and self-guided exploration under the guidance of enthusiastic mentors who love being in the natural environment. Programs take place outdoors in all (safe) weather conditions. We are always looking for adults (16+) (or Camp MITS who are at least 14 years old) who love being outside in the natural world and like sharing this passion with others, especially children.
Youth Nature Connection Mentor for Farm & Forest Summer Camp
Everyone Outside is hiring Mentors for our 2023 Farm & Forest Summer Camp Program at Fire Ring Farm in Portland, from June 19 to Aug 04. We are looking for vibrant, friendly individuals (16+) who love children and are able to support and mentor their exploration of the natural world. Individuals must be comfortable co-leading a group of ~10 children for a 6.5 hour day outside in all summer weather conditions (heat, rain, sun etc.). Mentors will guide and foster play that allows kids to connect with the natural world and develop strong connections with their environment, community, and themselves.
Click here for a description of our 2023 summer camp program.
Qualifications we are looking for:
- Extensive experience working with children ages 5 to 16 and an understanding of age appropriate activities.
- Ability to create a safe and nurturing program experience for all children, including those who identify as Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC), LGBTQ+, etc.
- Experience interacting effectively and building trust with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to plan, organize, and facilitate developmentally-appropriate enrichment activities, that reflect our core values, with another staff member/co-leader using both personal experience, the curriculum, and resources provided.
- Demonstrate strong leadership, group management/safety, and communication skills.
- Organizational and time management skills
- Current First Aid/CPR certifications or willing to become certified prior to June 15 (cost to be reimbursed by Everyone Outside).
- Ability to perform essential job functions involving light-to-vigorous physical outdoor activity in a variety of weather conditions including heat and rain for 7 hours at a time.
- Ability to adhere to our safety and health protocols (hand sanitizing, etc)
- Available for at least 2 weeks of camp, Monday to Friday from from 8:30 AM to 4 PM
- Able to attend (paid) staff trainings (June 13 - 16, 2023)
We are looking for people who embody
- Love of children
- Curiosity & appreciation for nature
- Attunement to the diverse experiences and identities that participants bring with them
- Playfulness & fun
- High emotional awareness of self and others and ability to communicate needs to leadership
- Humility & service-mindedness
- Creativity & collaboration
- Commitment to personal & professional growth including their own awareness and knowledge of diversity matters
- Commitment to equity, anti-oppression, anti-racism, and decolonization
Compensation: $15 to $20 per hour depending on experience and responsibilities.
To submit an initial application, please select from the options below: