Join Our Staff
Join Everyone Outside as a staff mentor!
Everyone Outside is always looking for staff mentors to co-lead our outside children's programs in Middletown, Middlefield and Portland. Our programs are intended to help children connect with the natural world through play and self-guided exploration under the guidance of enthusiastic mentors who love being in the natural environment. Programs take place outdoors in all (safe) weather conditions. We are always looking for adults (18+) who love being outside in the natural world and like sharing this passion with others, especially children.
- Nature Mentor for Class Field Trips (Spring 2024)
We are looking for enthusiastic, caring, and nature loving individuals (16+) who are comfortable co-leading programs for school-aged children in an outdoor setting. Our mentors guide and foster play that allows kids to connect with the natural world and develop strong connections with their environment, community, and themselves.
We are looking for people who embody
- Passion for working with children
- Childcare experience
- Curiosity & appreciation for nature
- Attunement to the diverse experiences and identities that participants bring with them
- Playfulness & fun
- High emotional awareness of self and others and ability to communicate needs to leadership
- Humility & service-mindedness
- Creativity & collaboration
- Commitment to personal & professional growth including their own awareness and knowledge of diversity matters
- Commitment to equity, anti-oppression, anti-racism, and decolonization